In honor of our ninth anniversary today, here are nine wonderful things about my husband, in no particular order.
1. Matt cried at the end of Porgy and Bess last year. I mean, he was seriously choking back a sob or two at the sight of Porgy using his crutch to push himself on his little cart, intent on redeeming Bess. Somehow this made me feel cherished.
2. Miles vomited on Matt for three days in a row on our recent trip to South Dakota, and he never complained.
3. Matt does a ridiculous "running man/ jump rope man" dance in public, particularly when he wants to entertain kids or teenagers. He looks like a total idiot, and somehow that's a good thing.
4. Matt makes balloon animals, and he can juggle.
5. Matt fixes broken things, installs new things, and makes plants grow.
6. Matt is obsessed with the weather and will spend hours tracking a storm on live doppler radar. "Okay, I think it should be here in about five minutes..."
7. Matt is a servant who is content to let others shine or take the credit.
8. Matt is still one handsome guy, and he makes me feel beautiful every day.
9. Matt does the right thing, and it is my pleasure to follow his example.
There you go. I never dreamed marriage could be so fulfilling. What a lucky gal I am!
Thankful in all Circumstances
7 hours ago