Sunday, August 10, 2008

My favorite Olympic moments so far

Here's a brief list:
  • That children's choir from the opening ceremonies broke my heart, they sang so beautifully
  • Matt Lauer's lame attempt at making a contribution during the march of nations. His tangent begins with James Michener, and before you know it he's talking about how many Tony's the broadway revival of South Pacific just took home. Bob Costas finally interjects, "And here comes Greece, just in time to change the subject." Fabulous.
  • The cycling events. What amazing views of Beijing!
  • The sight of four shocked Frenchman after the U.S. came from behind to win the men's 4x100 free relay. Humble pie is not so tasty, oui?
  • This is random, but I especially like the arrangement of The Star Spangled Banner they have been using. And did anyone else notice that Japan's national anthem is hauntingly beautiful (and, I think, mainly pentatonic)?

Hope you guys are watching, too.

Oh, and I promise to add a picture of "the fence" soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that victory was one of the most exciting sporting moments I've ever seen...