Saturday, September 6, 2008

We Has Class

Here's an excerpt from our day. I was thumbing through the magazine our local newspaper sends out every month.

"Hey, whatcha readin'?"

"An article called Donkey Talk."

"Oh. Sounds interesting."

"Hey, look at this! They have those woodwick candles down at the Pack 'n Mail!"

"Awesome! Since we can get them here in town, we won't have to drive an hour to the Cracker Barrel."

"Don't be ridiculous. Of course we'll still drive an hour to the Cracker Barrel. It's the Cracker Barrel, for cryin' out loud."

I love living this close to people who are actually preserving a rural way of life. It's fun waving to cows on our way into town. As for me, this is about as rural as I get:






The guy at the feed store was only too happy to sell me this decorative bale of hay, which you can see is guarded by the imposing scarecrow I bought for 5 bucks at Garden Ridge.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a fun assignment. How many no-nos can you spot in this picture?



This child ate a birthday candle today, so that should make for an interesting diaper.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, the farm report and pork prices were right on that next page. Hay is up, along with corn, but barley is down slightly.

I love this town.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I see 4 naughty things in the picture.

Jen said...

Misha,
Here is a flash from your past. I got your blog from my sister. I am so excited to read about your life! I would love to hear from you.
Jennifer (Collendrina)

Parkerchica said...

Jennifer Collendrina! What in the world?! Do you have a blog too? I would read it...

Audra Jennings said...

I'm anxiously awaiting your next post. If you hadn't told me, I'd never have known about the sudden disappearance of the Clampitt's.